Promoting Pretrial Justice Nationwide
The National Association of Pretrial Services Agencies’ (NAPSA) mission is to promote pretrial justice and public safety through rational pretrial decision making and practices informed by evidence. NAPSA’s core values include: learning; transparency and open communications; objective standards; collaboration; dignity; respect; and professional integrity. NAPSA’s core strategic approach is to provide evidence based standards and education to individuals and agencies. NAPSA possesses the following supporting strategies:
- refine and update standards;
- educate diverse practitioners;
- provide individual certification;
- provide agency accreditation;
- provide short-term training and technical assistance to jurisdictions in need; and
- provide identified member services.